Contributed by Islesboro Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student. More info about student projects.
An abacus, also called a counting frame, is a calculating tool used for performing arithmetic processes.
This abacus was in the possession of Adrian B. Hooper, who attended school on Islesboro.
About This Item
- Title: Abacus, Islesboro, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Location: Islesboro, Waldo County, ME
- Media: Wood, metal
- Dimensions: 27 cm x 24 cm x 2 cm
- Local Code: 1995.010
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mathematical instruments--Maine--Islesboro
- Hooper, Adrian B.--Associated objects
For more information about this item, contact:Islesboro Historical Society
PO Box 301, 388 Main Road, Islesboro, ME 04848
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.