Contributed by Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This portion of a stone pestle was from the ceramic period excavated at Colonial Pemaquid State Historic Site. It dates to 1000 B.C.E. to about 500 A.D.
About This Item
- Title: Native American stone pestle, ca. 1000 BCE
- Creation Date: circa 1000 BCE
- Subject Date: circa 1000 BCE
- Location: Bristol, Lincoln County, ME
- Media: Stone
- Dimensions: 16 cm x 6 cm
- Collection: Bureau of Parks and Lands
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fort Frederick (Me.)
- Indians of North America--Maine-Antiquities
- Projectile points--Maine
- Tools, Prehistoric
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
22 State House Station, 18 Elkins Lane, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.