Contributed by Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Stone sinker from the Late Archaic/Moorehead Phase (3050-2550 BCE) excavated at Colonial Pemaquid State Historic Site.
About This Item
- Title: Native American stone fishing line weight, ca. 3000 BCE
- Creation Date: 3050 BCE - 2550 BCE
- Subject Date: 3050 BCE - 2550 BCE
- Local Name: Colonial Pemaquid
- Town: Bristol
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Stone
- Collection: Pemaquid
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fort Frederick (Me.)
- Implements, utensils, etc.
- Indians of North America--Maine-Antiquities
- Tools, Prehistoric
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
22 State House Station, 18 Elkins Lane, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.