Contributed by Maine Forest Service
A crew from the Lewiston Civilian Conservation Corps Camp does road work at Bear Mountain near Waterford.
The crew worked on a road to the fire tower on Bear Mountain. The tower was constructed in 1934.
About This Item
- Title: Road work, Bear Mountain, 1935
- Creation Date: 1935
- Subject Date: 1935
- Town: Waterford
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.6 cm x 6.2 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine. Bureau of Forestry
- Fire prevention--Maine
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.). Company 132 (Lewiston, Me.)
- Road construction--Maine--Waterford
- Public service employment--Officials and employees--Maine--Waterford
- Bear Mountain (Waterford, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Forest Service
Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry, 18 Elkins Lane, Harlow Building, 22 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.