Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
A reproduction of an early black and white postcard showing Car 51 of the Aroostook Valley R.R. in Presque Isle, with a conductor standing on the steps of the car and two gentlemen standing to the side. The Aroostook R.R. ran from 1909 to 1946 as an electric trolley line serving the towns of Washburn, New Sweden, Carson, and Caribou.
About This Item
- Title: Aroostook Valley R.R. Car. Presque Isle, ca. 1939
- Creation Date: circa 1939
- Subject Date: circa 1939
- Location: Presque Isle, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: O.R. Cummings Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Street railroads--Maine--Presque Isle
- Electric railroads--Maine--Presque Isle
- Railroad employees--Maine
- Aroostook Valley Railroad Company
For more information about this item, contact:Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.