Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student.
A black and white postcard of either Car #70 or Car #71 (per O.R. Cummings, trolley historian) in front of I.O.O.F. (Independent Order of Odd Fellows) Building in Washburn. The Aroostook Railroad ran from 1909 to 1946 as an electric trolley line serving the towns of Washburn, New Sweden, Carson, and Caribou.
About This Item
- Title: Aroostook Valley Car, Washburn, ca. 1910
- Creator: Cassens Card Co., Belfast, Maine
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Town: Washburn
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: O.R. Cummings Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Stores and shops--Maine--Washburn
- Street railroads--Maine--Washburn
- Aroostook Valley Railroad Company
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows
- Electric railroads--Maine--Washburn
For more information about this item, contact:Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.