Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
A colored postcard showing a Portland Railroad Co. round roof streetcar headed down Congress Street on double tracks going down middle of the street with many automobiles going in both directions and two pedestrians in the middle of the street possibly waiting to board the trolley car. Porteous Mitchell and Braun Co. is shown on the right.
About This Item
- Title: Congress Street Looking Towards Monument Square, Portland, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: O.R. Cummings Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Congress Street (Portland, Me.)
- Street railroads--Maine--Portland
- Stores & shops--Maine--Portland
- Electric railroads--Maine--Portland
- Monument Square (Portland, Me.)
- Portland Railroad Company
For more information about this item, contact:Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.