Contributed by Lubec Memorial Library
This is a tinted postcard of the Life Saving Station located at Carrying Place Cove in Lubec. The Coast Guard crew stands in front, a horse and buggy are pictured to the right of the station.
The third man from the left is George Libby.
About This Item
- Title: Carrying Place Cove, Life Saving Station, Lubec, ca. 1890
- Creation Date: circa 1890
- Subject Date: circa 1890
- Local Name: Carring Place Cove
- Town: Lubec
- County: Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Image on postcard
- Dimensions: 8.80 cm x 13.50 cm
- Collection: The Edith Comstock Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Coast Guard
- Lifesaving stations--Maine--Lubec
- United States. Life-Saving Service--Employees
For more information about this item, contact:Lubec Memorial Library
55 Water Street, Lubec, ME 04652
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.