Contributed by Northeast Historic Film
The title on the home movie of fishing around Mt. Desert reads "50 bushel to a whale boat," and shows the process of loading a boat with herring and moving them onto a "sardine" boat.
About This Item
- Title: Loading whale boat film, Mt. Desert, ca. 1940
- Creator: Stillman, Ernest G.
- Creation Date: circa 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: filmstrip, 16mm
- Local Code: 1289_0009
- Collection: Ernest G. Stillman
- Object Type: Moving Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mount Desert Island (Me.)
- Atlantic herring fisheries--Maine
- Fishing--Equipment and supplies
- Fishing boats--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Northeast Historic Film
P.O. Box 900, Bucksport, ME 04416
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.