Contributed by Northeast Historic Film
Corwin Olds, the first chaplain of the 152nd Field Artillery, shot film of the Maine National Guard at Camp Keyes in Augusta.
This clip shows various Guard drill activities and facilities.
The Maine National Guard was established as a state militia in 1636.
About This Item
- Title: Maine National Guard drills, ca. 1933
- Creator: Olds, Corwin
- Creation Date: circa 1933
- Subject Date: circa 1933
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: filmstrip, 16mm
- Local Code: 0901
- Collection: Maine National Guard
- Object Type: Moving Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine. National Guard
- Military education--Maine--Augusta
- Military training camps--Maine--Augusta
- Occupational training, Military--Maine--Augusta
- Physical education and training, Military
- Motion pictures in military education
For more information about this item, contact:Northeast Historic Film
P.O. Box 900, Bucksport, ME 04416
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.