Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
This circa 1910 view of Main Street, Bar Harbor, captures the appearance of the commercial district of one of America ’s leading Victorian summer resorts.
Visible are Perlinskey’s dry and fancy goods, Moran the New York tailor and Millar the merchant tailor on the left and the clothing stores of H.S. Nason and Hart, Scheffner & Marx on the right.
At the far right is the First National Bank, beyond which is the Bradley Block.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Bar Harbor, ca. 1910
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating and Publishing Co., Belfast
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Main Street (Bar Harbor, Me.)
- Streets--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
- Stores & shops--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Dirt roads--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Business districts--Maine--Bar Harbor
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.