Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student.
A postcard showing two trolleys heading east in Portland. Note the business signs for H.H. Hay Co. on Middle Street, prescriptions pharmacy, hardware, the Portland Rubber Company (a rubber goods store), and a hat store. Several carriages are pulled over on the side of the street near the shops.
About This Item
- Title: Looking toward Monument Square, Portland, ca. 1905
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: O.R. Cummings Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Portland
- Stores & Shops--Maine--Portland
- Monument Square (Portland, Me.)
- Carriages & coaches--Maine--Portland
- Street railroads--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.