Contributed by Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Galamanders like these were used to transport large, heavy granite blocks.
About This Item
- Title: Galamander at Mount Waldo, ca. 1860
- Creation Date: circa 1860
- Subject Date: circa 1860
- Location: Frankfort, Waldo County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: FOKN_006
- Collection: Bureau of Parks and Lands
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hoisting machinery
- Quarries and quarrying--Maine--Frankfort
- Granite quarrying--Maine--Frankfort
- Ox teams--Maine--Frankfort
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
22 State House Station, 18 Elkins Lane, Augusta, ME 04333-0022
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.