Contributed by Margaret Chase Smith Library
Maine Senator Margaret Chase Smith of Skowhegan spoke before the Women's National Press Club in Washington, announcing her campaign for the Republican nomination for president.
She outlined the reasons various people gave why she should run and why she should not before announcing that she intended to run.
About This Item
- Title: Presidential Campaign Announcement Speech, Washington, 1964
- Creator: Margaret Chase Smith
- Creation Date: 1964-01-27
- Subject Date: 1964-01-27
- Location: Washington, DC
- Media: Ink on paper
- Collection: 1964 Presidential Nomination
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Political campaigns
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1897-1995
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Political elections
- Women's National Press Club (U.S.)
- National Press Club (U.S.)
For more information about this item, contact:Margaret Chase Smith Library
56 Norridgewock Avenue, Skowhegan, ME 04976
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.