Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The Chase Memorial Sanatorium opened in 1910 on Atwood Mountain in Fairfield to treat persons with tuberculosis.
In 1915, the state took over operations of the private facility and renamed it the Central Maine Sanatorium.
About This Item
- Title: Chase Memorial Sanatorium, Fairfield, ca. 1914
- Creator: W.H. Langley, Fairfield
- Creation Date: circa 1914
- Subject Date: circa 1914
- Location: Fairfield, Somerset County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 4014
- Collection: Postcard collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hospitals, convalescent--Maine--Fairfield
- Tuberculosis hospitals--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.