Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
Main Street looking south on Great Cranberry Island, showing residences along the dirt road that ran the length of the island.
Most year-round residents were involved in farming, fishing, or shipping.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Cranberry Island, ca. 1910
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating Co., Belfast
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Local Name: Great Cranberry Island
- Town: Cranberry Isles
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Houses--Maine--Great Cranberry Island
- Cranberry Isles (Me. : Islands)
- Buildings--Maine--Great Cranberry Island
- Streets--Maine--Great Cranberry Island
- Main Street (Great Cranberry Island, Me.)
- Dwellings--Maine--Great Cranberry Island
- Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Company
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.