Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
- Item 25647
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Members of the Boy Scout troop at Pownal State School in New Gloucester pose at the back door of Hedin Hall, the facility's hospital building.
Boys in the front row are holding flags representing the different groups within the troop.
The scout troop participated in activities in the community beyond the school as well as at the facility.
About This Item
- Title: Boy Scout Troop, Pownal State School, ca. 1937
- Creation Date: circa 1937
- Subject Date: circa 1937
- Location: New Gloucester, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 24.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Boy Scouts of America. Maine
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Group portraits
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.