Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Boys of various ages in a classroom at Pownal State School in New Gloucester in about 1937.
The school provided some academic programs as well as vocational and manual training and physical education. Some students worked on the school's two farms and a number of students made or repaired items used in daily operations at the facility.
About This Item
- Title: Students in classroom, Pownal State School, ca. 1937
- Creation Date: circa 1937
- Subject Date: circa 1937
- Location: New Gloucester, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 24.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Students--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.