Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A group of residents on the grounds of Pownal State School, near Hedin Hospital.
The photo, taken in about 1937, was in an album created by Myrtle Daly (later Myrtle Strout), who was a nurse at the state-operated facility in New Gloucester.
About This Item
- Title: Residents, Pownal State School, ca. 1937
- Creator: Daly, Myrtle
- Creation Date: circa 1937
- Subject Date: circa 1937
- Town: New Gloucester
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Group portraits
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Mentally ill children
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- People with disabilities
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.