Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
A menu labeled "Dietary for Children" for Pownal State School for the week of December 19-25, 1943.
The menu is stamped "Approved Pownal State School Dec 14 1943 Superintendent."
The facility for developmentally disabled persons had a separate menu for children and for staff and officials
About This Item
- Title: Children's menu, Pownal State School, 1943
- Creator: Pownal State School
- Creation Date: 1943
- Subject Date: 1943
- Town: New Gloucester
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 28 cm x 21.5 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.