Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Girls and women in the dining hall at the Pownal State School in New Gloucester.
The facility for developmentally disabled persons, operated by the state, by the late 1930s served more than 1,000 patients, had some 50 buildings on its campus, and had a staff of 200.
About This Item
- Title: Dining hall, Pownal State School, ca. 1937
- Creation Date: circa 1937
- Subject Date: circa 1937
- Town: New Gloucester
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 24.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Dining rooms
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)--History
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Eating & drinking
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.