Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The kitchen and some of the kitchen staff at Pownal State School in New Gloucester.
The state-operated facility served people with developmental disabilities. It opened in 1908 and closed in 1996.
About This Item
- Title: Kitchen, Pownal State School, New Gloucester, 1938
- Creation Date: circa 1938
- Subject Date: circa 1938
- Location: New Gloucester, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)--History
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.