Contributed by New Gloucester Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A survey card from Pownal State School in New Gloucester shows an image of Hill Farm, one of two farms at the state-operated school for persons with developmental disabilities.
The survey shows the census of the farm -- 55 persons -- that there was one cottage supervisor, one assistant and five attendants and that those numbers reflected the needs of the farm for staff.
About This Item
- Title: Hill Farm, Pownal State School, ca. 1953
- Creation Date: circa 1953
- Subject Date: circa 1953
- Location: New Gloucester, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper, photograph
- Dimensions: 17.5 cm x 23 cm
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Farms--Maine--New Gloucester
- Pineland Farms, Inc. (New Gloucester, Me.)--History
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Pineland Center (New Gloucester, Me.)
- Hospitals--Maine--New Gloucester
- Mental institutions--Maine--New Gloucester
- Maine School for the Feeble-Minded (1908-1925)
- Pineland Center (1973-1996)
- Pineland Hospital and Training Center (1957-1973)
- Pownal State School (1925-1957)
For more information about this item, contact:New Gloucester Historical Society
PO Box 531, New Gloucester, ME 04260
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.