Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Main St in Biddeford in 1909. Pictured are many buildings that housed the local businesses of the time. Featured is the Palace Billard Hall, James W. Wood Plumbing and Heating, A Roller Skating place, and Maguire the Shoeist. Also pictured is a sign advertising a garage, but not a single automobile is pictured.
Also we see decorations for the Merchant Carnival, which was in Biddeford October 14-16 in 1909.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Biddeford, 1909
- Creator: Robert Henry Gay
- Creation Date: 1909-10-14
- Subject Date: 1909-10-14
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: mca196
- Collection: Robert H. Gay Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Main Street (Biddeford, Me.)
- Stores & shops--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.