Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The menu from the Poland Spring House at the Poland Spring resort features Poland Mineral Spring on the cover. Water from the spring was bottled beginning in 1845 and was one of the attractions of the resort.
The menu for Sunday, Sept. 21, 1884 featured two soups, fish, three boiled meats, five roasts, and four "cold dishes" of meat along with entrees of chicken pie, salmi of duck aux olives, baked macaroni and queen's fritters.
Also on the menu were numerous vegetables, relishes, pastry and desserts.
About This Item
- Title: Menu, Poland Spring resort, 1884
- Creator: Poland Spring House
- Creation Date: 1884-09-21
- Subject Date: 1884
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20.4 cm x 14.5 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Restaurants--Maine--Poland Spring
- Menus--Maine--Poland Spring
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.