Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Poland Spring resort head librarian Frank Carlos Griffith and Janette (Nettie) Ricker in the library at the Maine State Building at Poland Spring.
Griffith also was editor of the "Hill-Top," the newspaper of the Poland Spring resort. The Ricker family owned and operated the facility. Nettie Ricker ran the art gallery in the Maine State Building.
In the winter, Griffith was a theatrical agent. He served as librarian for several decades, except for six summers.
About This Item
- Title: Frank Griffith, Nettie Ricker, Poland Spring, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1885
- Subject Date: circa 1885
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 22.2 cm x 27 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine State Building (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Buildings--Maine--Poland Spring
- Libraries--Maine--Poland Spring
- Librarians--Maine--Poland Spring
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Griffith, Frank Carlos, 1851-1939
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.