Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Rickers at Poland Spring received numerous postcards about their Poland Mineral Spring Water, which they had bottled since 1845.
This card reads, "New York 606 West 83 March 14th Gentlemen Please forward to me by the first boat via Portland: One Barrell of your Spring Water and tell me what you allow me for empty half and full barrels and how I can return them to you -- that I may send you check for my bill. Very Truly Yours Ernst Schonrock."
About This Item
- Title: Card requesting Poland water, New York, ca. 1900
- Creator: Schonrock, Ernst
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, postcard
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 15.2 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Bottling--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.