Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The stables at Poland Spring resort in 1887.
Horses -- both for transport and recreation -- were important aspects of the large resort complex the Ricker family operated at Poland Spring from the mid 19th century to early 20th century.
About This Item
- Title: Stables, Poland Spring, 1887
- Creation Date: 1887
- Subject Date: 1887
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Horseback riding--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.