Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This photo was taken in July 1884 and shows the Poland Spring House, which opened in 1876. In subsequent years, the wings were lengthened, more towers and out-buildings were built.
The hotel eventually had over 300 guest rooms.
About This Item
- Title: Poland Spring House, 1884
- Creation Date: 1884
- Subject Date: 1884
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Buildings--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.