Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
The office at the Poland Spring House, looking in from the north door of the resort.
The Poland Spring resort began as a wayfarer's inn in 1797. By the last quarter of the 19th century, the inn had expanded with several buildings that made more rooms available, a golf course (1896), and numerous other amenities.
About This Item
- Title: Poland Spring House office, ca. 1885
- Creation Date: circa 1885
- Subject Date: circa 1885
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Stereograph
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Well houses--Maine--Poland Spring
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Bottling--Maine--Poland Spring
- Buildings--Maine--Poland Spring
- Offices--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.