Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Horses and a carriage in front of the Poland Spring House, a resort that drew hundreds of visitors to Maine's fresh air, the rural setting, and to the therapeutic mineral water of Poland Spring.
The Poland Spring House was the summer hotel for the resort. Originally built in 1876 it was added onto numerous times throughout the following decades.
James G. Blaine is in the carriage at the far right.
About This Item
- Title: Poland Spring House, ca. 1886
- Creation Date: circa 1886
- Subject Date: circa 1886
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.6 cm x 25.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Carriages & coaches--Maine--Poland Spring
- Blaine, James Gillespie, 1830-1893
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.