Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The cooper shop at Poland Spring in the winter of 1885-1886.
The shop made barrels for storing and shipping Poland Mineral Spring Water.
The therapeutic water was sent to customers far from Maine on wagons and ships.
About This Item
- Title: Cooper shop, Poland Spring, ca. 1885
- Creator: Seaver Photo Co., West Newton, Massachusetts
- Creation Date: circa 1885
- Subject Date: circa 1885
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 13.8 cm x 22 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Well houses--Maine--Poland Spring
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Bottling--Maine--Poland Spring
- Barrels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Containers--Maine--Poland Spring
- Workshops--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.