Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A delivery wagon at one of the warehouses at the Poland Spring resort and water company in August 1887.
The Poland Mineral Spring Water from the spring on the Ricker property was so popular that Hiram Ricker began sharing it with family and friends in 1845 and made the first commercial sales by 1859. People also went to the resort to drink the water.
About This Item
- Title: Delivery wagon, Poland Spring, 1887
- Creator: White Mountain View Co., Mechanic Falls
- Creation Date: 1887
- Subject Date: 1887
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.2 cm x 22.7 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Poland Spring
- Bottling--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.