Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A delivery wagon at one of the warehouses at the Poland Spring resort and water company in August 1887.
The Poland Mineral Spring Water from the spring on the Ricker property was so popular that Hiram Ricker began sharing it with family and friends in 1845 and made the first commercial sales by 1859. People also went to the resort to drink the water.
About This Item
- Title: Delivery wagon, Poland Spring, 1887
- Creator: White Mountain View Co., Mechanic Falls
- Creation Date: 1887
- Subject Date: 1887
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.2 cm x 22.7 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Carts & wagons--Maine--Poland Spring
- Bottling--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.