Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Spring House at Poland Spring. The building housed the source of the Poland Mineral Spring Water that helped make the Ricker family and the Poland Spring resort so popular in the 19th and early 20th centuries. The buildings were replaced by more ornate and advanced facilities designed by Harry C. Wilkinson and were completed in 1907.
About This Item
- Title: Spring House, Poland Spring, 1885
- Creation Date: 1885
- Subject Date: 1885
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17.8 cm x 25.5 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Buildings--Maine--Poland Spring
- Well houses--Maine--Poland Spring
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.