Contributed by Poland Spring Preservation Society
The rear entrance to the Poland Spring Resort.
Jabez Riccar and his sons, Wentworth, Samuel, and Joseph, opened an inn at Poland in 1797 to take advantage of the Montreal to Boston stage line.
By the end of the 19th century, the inn had grown and was attracting visitors who came for the summer to enjoy the fresh air of Maine and the healing qualities of Poland Spring water.
About This Item
- Title: Rear entrance, Poland Spring Resort, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Poland Spring
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 22.5 cm x 27.4 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Springs--Maine--Poland Spring
- Hotels--Maine--Poland Spring
- Resorts--Maine--Poland Spring
- Gates--Maine--Poland Spring
- Ricker, Hiram, 1809-1893
- Hiram Ricker & Sons
- Water--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral waters--Maine--Poland Spring
- Mineral water industry--Maine--Poland Spring
For more information about this item, contact:Poland Spring Preservation Society
PO Box 444, Poland Spring, ME 04274
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.