Contributed by Paris Cape Historical Society
Thelma and Harry Lyon of Paris Hill at the Portland Airport as they were about to depart for Australia for 30th anniversary observances of the first trans-Pacific airplane flight in 1928.
Harry Lyon was the navigator aboard the historic flight. Charles Kingsford Smith of Australia was the pilot.
About This Item
- Title: Thelma and Harry Lyon, Portland, 1958
- Creation Date: 1958
- Subject Date: 1958
- Town: Brisbane, Paris, Portland
- County: Cumberland, Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Collection: Lloyd Gates Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Flight navigators
- Lyon, Henry Ware
- Arrivals & departures--Maine--Portland
- Southern Cross (Airplane)
- Transpacific flights
- Portland International Jetport (Portland, Me.)
- Ship captains
For more information about this item, contact:Paris Cape Historical Society
19 Park Street, South Paris, ME 04281
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.