Contributed by New Portland Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Roland Philbrick, the driver of the 1940 Chevrolet pulp truck, and his son, Huck, were unharmed in this 1942 crash off the wire bridge in New Portland.
About This Item
- Title: Automobile accident, New Portland, 1942
- Creation Date: 1942
- Subject Date: 1942
- Town: New Portland
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.04 cm x 25.45 cm
- Local Code: 2
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:New Portland Historical Society
PO Box 141, 283 MeadowBrook Road, New Portland, ME 04961-0141
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Traffic accidents--Maine--New Portland
- Bridges--Maine--New Portland
- Truck accidents--Maine--New Portland
- Run-off-the-road accidents--Maine--New Portland
- Bridge failures--Maine--New Portland
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.