Contributed by Maine State Museum
Alla Sizova, prima ballerina of the Kirov Ballet in Leningrad, gave these autographed toe shoes to Samantha Smith of Manchester after a ballet performance during Smith's visit to the Soviet Union at the invitation of Soviet leader Yuri Andropov.
Smith had written to the Soviet leader and expressed her concerns about nuclear war.
About This Item
- Title: Alla Sizova toe shoes, Leningrad, 1983
- Creation Date: 1983
- Subject Date: 1983
- Town: Leningrad
- Media: Silk, wood
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Sizova, Alla, (1939-)--Associated objects
- Children and peace
- Smith, Samantha, 1972-1985--Friends & associates
- Smith, Samantha, 1972-1985--Travel
- Andropov, Yuri Vladimirovich, 1914-1984--Correspondence
- International relations
- Cold War
- Sizova, Alla, (1939-)--Autographs
- Smith, Samantha, 1972-1985--Correspondence
- Political activity
For more information about this item, contact:Maine State Museum
Maine State Museum, 83 state house station, Augusta, ME 04333
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.