Contributed by Maine Historical Society
This film excerpt shows high school bands including Portland, Deering, Cape Elizabeth, South Portland, Berwick Academy, and Sanford parade down Park Avenue in Portland as part of a band festival.
The bands gathered at the Portland High School athletic fields behind the Exposition building. The bands came together for a combined concert.
The film was taken ca. 1940 by the Portland Engraving Company for the city of Portland.
About This Item
- Title: Film of band festival, Portland, ca. 1940
- Creator: City of Portland Public Works
- Creation Date: circa 1940
- Subject Date: circa 1940
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: filmstrip, 16mm
- Local Code: Coll. 4006, Video 38 excerpt
- Collection: City of Portland, Maine film collection
- Object Type: Moving Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Berwick Academy (Berwick, Me.)
- Cape Elizabeth High School (Cape Elizabeth, Me.)
- Deering High School (Portland, Me.)
- Marching bands--Maine--Portland
- Music festivals--Maine--Portland
- Portland High School (Portland, Me.)
- Sanford High School (Sanford, Me.)
- South Portland High School (South Portland, Me.)
- Youth bands--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.