Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
A postcard showing theatre-goers embarking on trolley cars at Riverton Park after the show. Riverton Park in Portland was opened in the summer of 1896. The park was owned and operated by the Portland Street Railroad Company and covered approximately 40 acres on the banks of the Presumpscot River. One of the trolley cars is labeled "Portland and Deering".
About This Item
- Title: After the Theatre, Riverton Park, ca. 1905
- Creation Date: circa 1905
- Subject Date: circa 1905
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: Streetcar Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Riverton Park (Portland, Me.)
- Electric railroads--Maine--Portland
- Street railroads--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.