Contributed by Seashore Trolley Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A postcard showing a scene on Main Street in Ogunquit. Note the streetcar on the tracks, as well as the automobile at the right. On the left, you can see a service garage - an early sign of how private automobiles supplanted street-railroads.
About This Item
- Title: Main Street, Ogunquit, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1969
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Ogunquit
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 9 cm x 14 cm
- Collection: Streetcar Postcards Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Seashore Trolley Museum
PO Box A, Log Cabin Road, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Electric railroads--Maine--Ogunquit
- Street railroads--Maine--Ogunquit
- Automobile service stations--Maine--Ogunquit
- Main Street (Ogunquit, Me.)
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.