Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Students show the proper way to brush your teeth in a play at the Presumpscot Elementary School in Portland.
This was part of Health Week where student were encouraged to demonstrate proper health practices.
Lillian L. Jones, a nurse and educator, began Portland schools' health education programs.
About This Item
- Title: Student health parade, Portland, 1924
- Creation Date: 1924
- Subject Date: 1924
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.7205
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dental education
- Dental hygiene
- Health education--Maine--Portland
- Parades & processions--Maine--Portland
- Presumpscot School (Portland, Me.)
- School children--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.