Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Miss Portland with the Rotary Club at the Poland Spring House, 1923. Beauty contests were made popular in 1921 by an Atlantic City, New Jersey, businessman who wanted to attract tourists to his hotel.
About This Item
- Title: Miss Portland and Rotary Club, Poland Spring, 1923
- Creation Date: 1923
- Subject Date: 1923
- Location: Poland Spring, Androscoggin County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 7.6 cm x 10.2 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.6696
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Beauty contests--Maine--Portland
- Poland Spring Hotel (Poland Spring, Me.)
- Rotary Club (Poland Spring, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.