Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is the old 1883 Talbot & Moulton ladder carriage, formerly assigned to Ladder 3, and in 1919 to Ladder 1, and then refurbushed and assigned with Engine 6 and Hose 6, as "Ladder 6" at the Park Avenue firehouse in 1924.
This fire company was created in 1924.
The horses are "Fred" and "Joe," who were retired in 1929, replaced by a new Seagrave 75-foot wooden aerial ladder motor truck.
About This Item
- Title: Ladder 6, Portland, 1924
- Creation Date: 1924
- Subject Date: 1924
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.7883
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fire departments--Maine--Portland
- Fire engines--Maine--Portland
- Fire fighters--Maine--Portland
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.