Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Luke Lambard wrote to U.S. Marshal for Maine Thomas G. Thornton (1768-1824) seeking permission to conduct the 1820 federal census of Maine in Georgetown, Woolwich and Dresden.
He drew a map of the Kennebec River towns showing the proximity of the three towns to the area he already was enumerating for the census.
About This Item
- Title: Luke Lambard on 1820 census
- Creator: Lambard, Luke
- Creation Date: 1820-06-12
- Subject Date: 1820
- Town: Dresden, Georgetown, Woolwich
- County: Lincoln, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 21, Box 3/3
- Collection: Thomas G. Thornton papers
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.