Contributed by Jesup Memorial Library
The postcard is a view of Mount Desert Island taken from Islesford. Islesford, located on Little Cranberry Island is located southeast of Mount Desert Island and can be accessed by boat from Northeast Harbor. The image was captured by the Albertype Co. of Brooklyn, New York. The company utilized the innovation of collotype to photo-mechanically reproduce images of towns and landscapes throughout the northeast.
About This Item
- Title: Mt. Desert Island from Islesford, ca. 1915
- Creator: The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, N. Y.
- Creation Date: circa 1915
- Subject Date: circa 1915
- Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Cranberry Isles, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 14.25 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: JML PC 25023
- Collection: Jesup Memorial Library Postcard Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Jesup Memorial Library
34 Mount Desert Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.