Contributed by Jesup Memorial Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Joseph Pulitzer, publisher of "World", first leased Chatwold, located on Schooner Head Road in Bar Harbor, in June 1893 from Louise Bowler Livingston. He then bought it a year later and began costly additions and renovations. There was also a stable that could hold twenty-six horses. Pulitzer died in 1911 and Chatwold was demolished in 1945.
About This Item
- Title: Chatwold, Bar Harbor, ca. 1920
- Creator: The Valentine & Sons' Pulishing Co., Ltd., New York
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Bar Harbor
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: JML PC 23985
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dwellings--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Vacation homes--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Pulitzer, Joseph, 1847-1911--Homes and haunts--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Chatwold (Dwelling)
- Houses--Maine--Bar Harbor
For more information about this item, contact:Jesup Memorial Library
34 Mount Desert Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.