Contributed by Jesup Memorial Library
The Casino was constructed on the corner of Cottage and Bridge Streets in 1901 where present day Maggie's Restaurant parking lot located. It was a hall where dances, plays, graduations, basketball games, town meetings, and other social events took place. It was not a gambling casino. It was torn down in 1970.
About This Item
- Title: Casino and Bridge Street, ca. 1901
- Creation Date: circa 1901
- Subject Date: 1901
- Location: Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 9 cm
- Local Code: JML PC 23964
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Casinos--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Dance halls--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Buildings--Maine--Bar Harbor
- Bridge Street (Bar Harbor, Me.)
- Cottage Street (Bar Harbor, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Jesup Memorial Library
34 Mount Desert Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.