Contributed by Pierce Family Collection through Maine Historical Society
Not available for reproduction or licensing. More info.
Josiah Pierce, a newly enrolled student at Bowdoin College in Brunswick, writes to his father, Josiah Pierce of Baldwin, about his first month at college when he contracted a serious case of influenza and the measles.
About This Item
- Title: Letter about measles, influenza, Brunswick, 1815
- Creator: Josiah Pierce
- Creation Date: 1815-10-31
- Subject Date: 1815
- Location: Brunswick, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Collection: Pierce family collection
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Pierce, Josiah, 1792-1866--Correspondence
- Pierce, Josiah, 1792-1866--Health
- Bowdoin College
- Pierce, Josiah, 1792-1866--Friends & associates
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.