Contributed by McArthur Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This image shows the intersection of Lincoln and Pearl Streets in Biddeford after the Pepperell Mills' boarding house block was demolished in October of 1909. The Saco and Pettee Shops (later known as the Saco-Lowell Shops) can be seen in the background. Men, probably salvage or demolition crews, work among the debris as two men look on from the sidewalk.
About This Item
- Title: Demolition of mill boarding houses, Biddeford
- Creator: Gay, Robert H
- Creation Date: 1909
- Subject Date: 1909
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.5 cm x 17.5 cm
- Local Code: mca164d
- Collection: Robert H. Gay collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lodging houses--Maine--Biddeford
- Textile industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
- Lincoln Street (Biddeford, Me.)
- Pearl Street (Biddeford, Me.)
- Stores & shops--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:McArthur Public Library
PO Box 346, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.